Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mozilla Firefox -- getting Social

Let me share my experience of how to make Mozilla Firefox more "social" browser. So it will keep you up-to-date with your communication channels, like social networks, mail accounts, news feeders etc.

Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn

Yonoo plug-in for Firefox keeps me connected. Some features:
  • All updates in one line -- no more different tabs of several lines of updates. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and many other instant messengers/social networks feeds are listed in one place (being still distinguishable)
  • Minimum extra space -- when collapsed it costs me one small column to the left of the browser window. I use 11'inch laptop for my daily work, so, being concerned about every pixel, I am totally fine with this size
  • Simple yet flexible user interface
  • Amount of new items is shown even if main view is collapsed
  • Pop-up notifications in bottom-right corner of browser (may be turned off)

Google reader

I use Google Reader Watcher to stay updated with the latest news. Be careful not to install this plug-in instead.

What I don't like about this plug-in is that it is located in status bar thus not visible in full-screen mode. Well, it's still better than open a new tab.

Gmail

Have a look at Gmail Watcher. The only Gmail Firefox add-on which is installed into navigation bar (not status bar). Also, it doesn't require to enter login/password.

These add-ons all together provide me constant connectivity to the community.

If you have other cool socializing Firefox add-on to share -- please comment on this post!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Yonoo - really amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post Dude keep it up.
    I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post......
    Mozilla Firefox Technical Support please visit the link.

    Thankyou
    Lacy Brown

    ReplyDelete